Monday 23 April 2007

Going With Sloth

So there's this little snippet of dialogue from Serenity that I'd like to borrow (Serenity, the film based on the wonderful show Firefly, that my friend Ramon recently introduced me to):

Scary bad guy with sword: Do you know what your sin is?
Mal, the hero: Hell, I'm a fan of all seven but today I'll have to go with wrath!

And I'll have to go with sloth.
Sloth is the sort of word you can just curl up in and go to sleep. Not a deep sleep, but that sort of restless dreaming that goes on when you know you should be up and active but are hiding out instead. Huddled up in the warm lair of sloth.

But I have conquered that sleepy sin for now and as of three o'clock tomorrow, will have written and submitted three essays, and earned a holiday in the Hebrides.

Happy me. I will return in two weeks' time with stories and pictures of birds.