Saturday 16 June 2007

Beasties of Scotland

There aren't enough photos on this blog, I fear.
Mainly because I take bad bird photos. It kind of goes with the Bad Birder of Cambodia territory.

But as I am on my home computer, trying to screw up my courage to revisit my thesis outline, I realized that I could and perhaps should put up a few other photos on the beautiful and bizarre beasties of Scotland.


Sheep on the Isle of Arran. Very pastoral day-in-the-life shot. I love the wild olive look of the wind-shaped tree behind them.

We have sexy cows in the Highlands of Scotland. Having now lived here for 9 months, I find myself envying the woolly windblown hide.Seal, chilling. And stretching a bit--foolishly, it turned out, taking his eye off jealous rival rock-stealing seal sneaking up on the right side of the rock...
O, to be a seal.
I'm not joking. This seal is in nirvana, and all it took was rock, a fish, and some sunlight.

Now I'm going to do some work. Honest.

2 comments:

Maria said...

Lisa,

I'm wondering how to submit my application to the Bad Birders of Cambodia. I only see a couple of problems: namely, I've never been in Cambodia; and I'm confused by a picture of a puffin on a blog called "Chance of Kingfishers." Other than that, I'm an eminently qualified bad birder! I've got some (lousy) pictures on my camera I might put on my blog later. I do like the beasties of Scotland ... and even more so, I'm enjoying your blog.

kingfisher said...

Hallo Maria. I suppose we could expand the group to the Bad Birders of the World--but I think the Bad Birders of Cambodia and Friends might do us instead. Then there'd be four of us! Wonderful. I'll write something about the required Traits... The Puffin-Kingfisher thing, indeed. There's an old post from May about the title of the blog and my 'philosophy' of birding that might shed some light. And just the other day I was considering lifting a kingfisher photo from somewhere and posting it there. The puffin is just up there for now because they are from my most wondrous birding experience to date...